Monday, July 07, 2008

Reality Check!

Hosea 10; Hosea 11; Hosea 12; Psalm 73; Hebrews 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 73

21 Then I realized that my heart was bitter,
and I was all torn up inside.
22 I was so foolish and ignorant—
I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.
23 Yet I still belong to you;
you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
leading me to a glorious destiny.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.
27 Those who desert him will perish,
for you destroy those who abandon you.
28 But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter,
and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.

Observation

Pity parties…it is so easy to have one! You look around at how well others seem to be doing and all you see when you look in the mirror at yourself is a life filled with problems. The psalmist realized that the wicked didn’t really have it so good even if it looked like they did. And he realized that as long as the Lord was His God then he was blessed. I like verses 25-26, “Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.” Fixing your thoughts on Jesus is not something easily done is it? It was hard to apply yesterday and even today it is a struggle to focus my thoughts on Jesus.

Application

I will memorize verses 25-28 to help me fix my thoughts on Jesus!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, how easy it is to fix our eyes and our thoughts on the people around us and the problems that seem so overwhelming to us. Help me to fix my eyes, and my thoughts on you today. I desire you more than anything on earth. I have made you my shelter and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: