Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Every Good Thing I Have Comes From You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Every Good
Thing
I Have Comes From You



Scripture

Psalm 16

1 Keep me safe, O God,
    for I have come to you for refuge.


2 I said to the Lord, “You are my Master!
    Every good thing I have comes from you.”



Observation

Lets take a minute today to look around at all that God has provided for us and lets give Him thanks!

Maybe I am thinking about this a little more today because over the weekend I narrowly escaped, as my very good friend James Hartley describes death, getting a dirt nap.

God has been so good to me. But God has been very good to you too!

Lets take time to thank Him for His goodness!
“Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!” We have 5 kids and 10 grandkids so I think it is totally okay and appropriate to take a quote from Veggie Tales!
 


Application
I will thank the Lord for all the good things that I have! How about you?
I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. Psalm 116:17


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray this Psalm back to You this morning:

1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
2     Worship the Lord with gladness.
    Come before him, singing with joy.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
    He made us, and we are his.
    We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
    go into his courts with praise.
    Give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good.
    His unfailing love continues forever,
    and his faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100




Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 33,34; Psalms 16; Acts 9



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: