Friday, February 28, 2014

Love Is Patient And Kind. … It Is Not Irritable, And It Keeps No Record Of Being Wronged.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 24; Numbers 25; Numbers 26; Numbers 27; 1 Corinthians 13 

Love Is Patient And Kind.

… It Is Not Irritable,

And It Keeps No Record Of Being Wronged.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13 

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Observation

Can you honestly place your name in the place of “love” in 1 Corinthians 13? If you read 1 Corinthians 13 to your spouse, to your coworkers, children, or grandchildren, would they agree or would they say to themselves (or maybe even out loud – that is a joke, you are kidding me!)

I don’t think I will place my name in the place of “love” and read it to Kathy this morning. Nope, I am smarter than that!

There is only One name that can replace “love” in this chapter and only One … That One name is Jesus! 

4 Jesus is patient and kind. Jesus is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. Jesus does not demand His own way. Jesus is not irritable, and He keeps no record of being wronged. 6 He does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Jesus never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

But I do think that the closer we are to Jesus the more of 1 Corinthians 13 shines through us to those around us!

Application


I will strive to love people today with Agape (God’s) love. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help others see Jesus in me today. I pray for Evelyn Hartley today. Heal her body. Give her and James supernatural peace that only comes from You. I pray for others that are sick or have family members that are in the hospital. Help them trust in You during this difficult time. I pray for Bea, Julie, Sherry, and Wesley on their birthdays today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: