Monday, December 19, 2016

I Can’t Sir


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I
Can’t
Sir



Scripture

John 5

3 Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches. 5 One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”

7 “I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.”

8 Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!”

9 Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up his sleeping mat and began walking! 

Observation

I can’t! I hear it all the time. People may not actually say it, but their actions shout out the truth.

I can’t trust Jesus to take care of my situation. I can’t trust Jesus to heal me. Ruined marriage, out of control addiction, broken relationship, bad health, or the bad health of a loved one, which one of these is your “I can’t”.

Now before you begin to say, I can fix this problem myself (I hear this all the time too) you need to realize that you do have a Savior and you are not Him.

This man had been sick for 38 years – would you like to get well Jesus asked – “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!”

“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13

 Application

I will trust my Savior with all of my “I can’t’s”. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize today just how helpless I am to fix so many of the problems that I face. I am not God. You and You alone can fix and change my impossible situations. I am holding on to everything You have promised in Your Word. I believe what You have said. I believe. Help me with every one of my “I can’t” because I know that with You nothing is impossible. 


Daily Bible Reading:  John 5,6



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: