Thursday, July 31, 2008

How He Blesses Them!

Isaiah 63; Isaiah 64; Psalm 107; John 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 107

35 But he also turns deserts into pools of water,
the dry land into springs of water.
36 He brings the hungry to settle there
and to build their cities.
37 They sow their fields, plant their vineyards,
and harvest their bumper crops.
38 How he blesses them!
They raise large families there,
and their herds of livestock increase.

Observation

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.

6 “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble,
and he rescued them from their distress.

13 “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.

19 “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.

28 “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.


The Psalmist is saying that every time the people of Israel turned to their God and cried out for help He was right there helping them. He says in verse 49, “Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the faithful love of the LORD.”

Just look back on your own life and look at how God has helped you! He has always been there for me and He has not changed. In this chapter the same verse is repeated four times, “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he rescued them from their distress.”


What is going on in your life right now that is not the way it should be?

Have you cried out yet, “Lord, help”? If not, why not? Look at His promise in verses 35-38 for all those that cry out for help! What is keeping you from looking up and crying out, “LORD, HELP”!

Application

I will apply verses 6, 13, 19, 28 and say to the Lord this morning, “Lord, help”!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me! I am poor and needy. I recognize that you are all powerful and there is not anything too hard for you. I want to experience your blessings. I want our church to experience your blessings and so I cry out to you this morning, “Lord, help”. I know that you hear me and I know that you will respond because you always hear me and You have always responded.

I give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever. I praise You for Your great love and for the wonderful things You have done for me! I pray for all of our people that have taken the 30-day challenge to read your Word everyday. I pray that Your Word would burn in their hearts today as they read it and I pray that they would be set on fire for You. In Jesus Name Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: