Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Then He Began To Wash The Disciples' Feet, Drying Them With The Towel He Had Around Him.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Then He Began To Wash

The Disciples' Feet,

Drying Them With The Towel He Had Around Him.

Scripture

John 13

4 So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, 

5 and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.

6 When Jesus came to Simon Peter, Peter said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”

7 Jesus replied, “You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will.”

8 “No,” Peter protested, “you will never ever wash my feet!”

Jesus replied, “Unless I wash you, you won’t belong to me.”

9 Simon Peter exclaimed, “Then wash my hands and head as well, Lord, not just my feet!”

John 14

1“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 

2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?

3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

5 “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Observation

Jesus is only a few hours from the cross. Jesus is pouring His most important teachings into His disciples before He suffers a horrifying death on the cross. This past week we have had so many people help us as we struggle with being sick with Covid 19. I am hurting so badly with this Covid 19 and Kathy too, but as bad as it is and right now and as bad as it hurts it is nothing compared to what Jesus suffered for me and for you.

Someone wrote on my blog the other day, “Covid is just a flu!” I hope the person was not trying to be sincere I hope that they were using sarcasm. Because for elderly people like Kathy and I this stuff is the worst thing we have ever experienced. If you have had a light case then praise the Lord, but don't try to tell people it is just a flu.

I passed out here at home on Sunday and passed out again at the hospital as they were taking me to my room. So because of the unexplained phenomenon of me going unconscious just sitting and doing nothing else I have had all kinds of doctors trying to figure out what was causing this to happen. They have checked me out from top to bottom and still don't have an answer.

Pastor Brian Elliott brought me home from the hospital last night. I told them that I had to get back home to my sick wife. As I was trying to write this blog I started once again to pass out and had to quickly lay on the floor for my blood pressure to stabilize.

Anyway I say all of that to let you know that we are struggling big time with this virus. It just does not want to improve.

We have had so much help from so many of you. We can't begin to adequately say “Thanks” for everything that everyone has done. Like Jesus' example of washing the disciples feet you have been an example of servanthood to us. We are so grateful.

Application

I will never forget all of the kindness that has been poured out on us. And when I hear that someone is sick with Covid I am going to be quicker to help them like so many people did for us. We learned more about being true servants through the example of so many of our friends.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help us learn lots of lessons from this illness. Show us how to serve people the way Jesus taught His disciples. We do pray for some relief and for some improvement just so we know that we are going in the right direction. I pray for for all of our friends who have done so much to help us. Bless them, Lord. Keep them safe.

Daily Bible Reading: John 12,13,14

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: