Saturday, December 12, 2020

This Hope Is A Strong And Trustworthy Anchor For Our Souls.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

This Hope

Is A Strong And Trustworthy

Anchor For Our Souls.

Scripture

Hebrews 6

18 So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 

19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.

Hebrews 7

24 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. 

25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.

Observation

If there is one thing that we have needed in 2020 is an anchor for our souls!

Oh my goodness, I am so looking forward to the day when I don't have to worry about getting the Corona Virus or passing the virus along to someone else.

Every day more and more people I know are coming down with Covid 19. For a long time nobody that I knew personally had contracted the terrible stuff, but now I am praying for people who are very sick who are our dear friends.

And yet I still hear people saying that it is no worse than the flu and no different than any of the other viruses that have been going around. I sure wish that they could talk to the Covid patients that I talk to at the hospital or be with a family like I was with last week who lost their Dad, who was only 54, leaving behind his young wife, a young teen age son, and an 11 year old daughter.

We live in a crazy mixed up world where the news media and social media have caused people to pretty much not to believe in anything!

Application

I am so glad that I have an anchor for my soul! And I am so glad that I have Jesus constantly praying and interceding for me. He will take care of me.

How about you? Are you anchored?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is a crazy world that we live in. Unbelief and disbelief seem to be running rampant in our country. I don't know if it is the same in other countries, but in our country this crisis doesn't seem to be causing people to turn to You for help. Maybe we live in a day like what You describe in the book of Revelation when the people refuse to repent and instead of repenting they curse You.

Lord, I pray for a change in the direction of our country. What more will it take for You to get our attention? If we as a nation would just humble ourselves and seek Your face this trouble that we are experiencing would be gone. You have promised it in Your Word.

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Revelation 16:21

8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 

9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony 

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

21 From the sky huge hailstones, each weighing about a hundred pounds, fell on people. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible.

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 5,6,7,8

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: