Monday, December 14, 2020

And Let Us Run With Endurance The Race God Has Set Before Us.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

And Let Us Run

With Endurance

The Race God Has Set Before Us.

Scripture

Hebrews 12

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up.

Jude 1

24 Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. 

25 All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Observation

The Christian life is not a wind sprint, it is no simple stroll in the park, it is a grueling marathon. Hebrews 11 has quite a long list of witnesses who are watching us run this race!

The secret to finishing this race and finishing it well is to keep our eyes on Jesus – He is the One who invited us to enter the race! He is the Champion.

He is at the finish line waiting for us and He is encouraging us to finish well!

Isaiah 40

29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.

30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.

31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

Matthew 11:28-30

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Galatians 6:9

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.

Application

I am in the race to win it. I will keep my eyes on Jesus! I will finish well!

How about you? Have you entered the race? Are you tired? Are you weary? Are you about to give up? Don't do it … get your eyes back on Jesus!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, all glory to You, You are able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into Your glorious presence without a single fault. And All glory to Him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen. Jude 24:25 personalized.

I pray for my friends who are suffering with Covid 19. I pray for healing. I pray for protection for those in our church. Give our leadership wisdom. Help them to do the right thing.

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 12,13; Jude

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: