Thursday, December 17, 2020

By His Divine Power, God Has Given Us Everything We Need For Living A Godly Life.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

By His Divine Power,

God Has Given Us Everything We Need

For Living A Godly Life.

Scripture

2 Peter 1

3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.

4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

Observation

Just a quick Covid 19 update on the Williams' household … Kathy just told me that she is feeling better than she was yesterday. I got sick with a persistent cough and low grade temperature yesterday, actually during the night on Tuesday night. I hurt all over, but I am doing okay. As long as it doesn't get worse I think we will get through this! Thanks for all your prayers and your expressions of love for us. We are humbled by your response to our situation.

2 Peter 1:3 takes away any excuse that we may want to give for our choosing to live an ungodly life. God has given us everything we need for living a godly life so there is no excuse.

You and I have a Bible that is full of thousands of God's great and precious promises. But those promises do us no good if that Bible of ours doesn't get opened and doesn't get read.

Do you want to live a godly life? Do you want to live in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father? If you do and you are really serious about changing the direction of your life then make the decision to read God's Word every day.

Remember: By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.

Application

God has given me everything I need for living a godly life. Every day I plan to read God's Word and I plan to hold on tightly to everyone of God's precious and great promises.

How about you? I hope you are taking the time to read God's Word on a daily basis. If you need a Bible reading plan just private message me and I will send you a link to a site that will give you all kinds of options. I know that you can do it!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for leaving Heaven and coming down to this earth as Jesus Christ to die in my place. You have provided me with everything that I need to live a godly life so I know that I have no excuse. Help me to walk in a way that pleases You today.

I pray for those who are sick. I pray for their healing. You are Mighty God, nothing is too hard for You. Thank You for all of the friends that You have given us. Thank You for their love and concern for us. We are so blessed and so fortunate to have them as our friends.

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Peter 1,2,3; John 1

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!




No comments: