Thursday, December 10, 2020

All Scripture Is Inspired By God And Is Useful To Teach Us What Is True And To Make Us Realize What Is Wrong In Our Lives.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

All Scripture Is Inspired By God

And Is Useful To Teach Us What Is True

And To Make Us Realize What Is Wrong In Our Lives.

Scripture

2 Timothy 3

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

Observation

All Scripture from Genesis to Revelation is inspired by God and it is useful to teach us what is true. With all the lies, and half truths that we are being constantly bombarded with, you and I better be reading God's Word every day to know what is really true.

God's Word, the Bible, is living and and it is powerful. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

2 Timothy 3:16 does not say, “some Scripture”, it says, “all Scripture” which means we don't get to pick and choose and toss out what we don't like or simply ignore something because it goes against the way we are living. God's Word is like a mirror and it reflects who we are and shows us what needs to be changed or corrected.

James 1:22-24

22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. 

23 For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 

24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like.

Application

I will read God's Word every day and I will allow God to show me through His Word what is wrong in my life so I can confess it and stop doing what God has clearly shown me is not right.

How about you? Are you allowing God's Word to be like a mirror in your life?

Psalm 119:9,11

9 How can a young person stay pure?
    By obeying your word.

11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
    that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:105

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
    and a light for my path.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have to admit that there are parts of Your Word that are difficult for me to get through, but I know that all Scripture is inspired by You and it is my job to read it and it is Your job to show me through Your Word what is wrong in my life that needs to change. Even the Scriptures that I don't understand are inspired by You. As I read Your Word I want You to reveal to me what needs to change in my life. I want to be like Your Son Jesus Christ.

I pray for the person who reads this blog today. Help them to read Your Word every day. Help them to be successful in life by reading and following what You say to them through Your Word. Keep them away from sin that will keep them away from Your Word.

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Timothy 1,2,3,4

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: