Tuesday, December 01, 2020

The Spirit Of God, Who Raised Jesus From The Dead, Lives In You.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

The Spirit Of God,

Who Raised Jesus From The Dead,

Lives In You.

Scripture

Romans 8

11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.

26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 

27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. 

28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Observation

Oh my goodness! I just read Romans 5,6,7,&8 and there is so much good stuff in those four chapters. I sure hope that you take a few minutes to read them today! Romans 8 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible and Romans 8:11 is one of my favorite verses.

I don't know about you but sometimes I just need to be reminded, especially when I am feeling low, when I am feeling a little weak and vulnerable, that the Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead lives in me!

Romans 8:28 is also right there to remind me that no matter what happens in my life God is going to work it around for my good because I am one of His children.

I hope that you are taking the time to read your Bible every day. If you haven't been then now is the time to start or start back. Just go to biblegateway dot com / reading plans and pick a reading plan that is doable. If you already have a reading plan but have gotten distracted by other stuff lately then let me suggest that you jump back into reading God's Word every day.

You can do it! You know you need to do it!

Application

Nothing can separate me from Christ's love!

How about you? Is He the trustworthy anchor for your soul?

Romans 8:38-39

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons  neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You so much for giving me so many promises in Romans 5-8 today to hold on and cling to. This world is a rough place. Life is tough. I am so glad that You have given me Your Word to help me to keep my eyes on You and off of my circumstances.

I pray for any person who is reading this blog today. Help them develop the habit of reading Your Word every day. Help them to be successful. Don't let them give up. Show them that they can do it. Encourage them today, Lord. Smile on them. Don't let them sleep good at night until they are spending time daily in Your Word.

Daily Bible Reading: Romans 5,6,7,8

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: