Sunday, December 06, 2020

Fix Your Thoughts On What Is True, And Honorable, And Right, And Pure, And Lovely, And Admirable. Think About Things That Are Excellent And Worthy Of Praise.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Fix Your Thoughts On What Is True, And Honorable,

And Right, And Pure, And Lovely, And Admirable.

Think About Things That Are Excellent And Worthy Of Praise.

Scripture

Philippians 4

4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 

5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 

9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Observation

Immerse yourself in God's Word because it is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. If you have been glued to the news 24/7 then do yourself a favor, take a break. Open up your Bible and spend time in God's Word. It is always current. It is living. It is powerful. It is life changing!

You read God's Word and then God's Word reads you.

Don't know where to start? Philippians is a great book of the Bible to read and it only takes about 15 minutes to read it. It is full of great promises and truths from our Heavenly Father.

I probably use Philippians 4:6-7 at the hospital more than any other verses and I usually share them in the New Living Translation.

Where are you reading right now in the Bible? I would love to know what God has been teaching you lately!

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!” Philippians 4:4

Application

I will fix my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. I will think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8 personalized

How about you? Where are you fixing your thoughts?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me the book of Philippians to read today. It is so good. Help me to put into practice what I read today. Help me not to worry about anything; instead, help me to pray about everything! Help me to tell You what I need and remind me to thank You for everything that You have done in my life.

I want to experience Your peace that exceeds anything that I can understand. Help me to focus and fix my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Help me to think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise!

Daily Bible Reading: Philippians 1,2,3,4

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: