Sunday, December 13, 2020

Now Without Faith It Is Impossible To Please God

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Now Without Faith

It Is Impossible

To Please God

Scripture

Hebrews 11

1Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. 

6 Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him.

Observation

What is Christmas to you? If we are not careful we will completely miss the reason for Christmas! And yes, I do think our celebration of the birth of the Messiah, the King of King, the Lord of Lords, is probably out of proportion, compared to how we celebrate His death, burial, and His resurrection.

But … Oh how I love Christmas!

And my friend, we do have the example of the shepherds and the multitude of Angels who celebrated the birth of the Christ child. So I don't think that there is anything wrong with celebrating as long as we don't lose the real meaning of why we are celebrating!

Jesus is to be worshiped!

Even though the story of the Wise Men doesn't actually occur at Jesus' birth (He was probably about 2 years old when the Wise Men made their visit) they still came to worship and celebrate the birth of the Christ child and they brought Him precious gifts. Those Wise Men were celebrating the birth of the long awaited Messiah!

I think that keeping things in balance is key, not only during the Christmas Season, but every day of our life.

We need to remember that without faith it is impossible to please God!

Application

I will enjoy celebrating the Christ of Christmas!

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. Don't let me lose the reason for the season. Don't let me get distracted by how the world celebrates this time of the year. Thank You for my family, my children and my many grandchildren. Help them to grasp the true meaning of Christmas.

I pray for those who have lost loved ones during this time of the year. I know for them that there is sadness mixed in with this time of great joy. Give them strength to get through this holiday season. Increase their faith! Help them to draw close to You.

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 9,10,11

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: