Friday, December 04, 2020

I Pray That From His Glorious, Unlimited Resources He Will Empower You With Inner Strength Through His Spirit.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

I Pray That From His Glorious, Unlimited Resources

He Will Empower You

With Inner Strength Through His Spirit.

Scripture

Ephesians 3

14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, 

15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. 

16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 

17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 

18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 

19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

Ephesians 4:32

31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.

32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Observation

You can tell by the two Bible passages that I was having trouble trying to decide which one of the two to write about! So I decided to share both of them with you! I don't know about you but it would be just fine with me that if someone prayed for me that they used Paul's prayer in Ephesians 3:14-20. It is my prayer for you this morning.

Read it and reread it several times and give it time to sink in and fill your heart and encourage your soul!

I don't like they way I handled myself yesterday. I was grouchy. I was short. I was not much fun to be around. Now I could try to make excuses for my behavior yesterday, but none of them would justify or excuse Eddy's grouchiness!

So it is timely, as always, that this morning I am reading Ephesians 4:32 and the Lord is reminding Eddy about how he should be acting, talking, and feeling! I don't know about you, but I have the tendency to be harsh and short instead of being tenderhearted.

And by the way … there is no excuse for bad behavior not from me or from you!

Application

Ephesians 3:14-20 is my prayer for those who may read this blog. And in just a minute I am going to talk to Kathy about my attitude yesterday and ask for her forgiveness.

How about you? Grouchy … Short … Just plain mean?

I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, break my heart with what breaks Yours. Don't let me act in a way that is not Christ-like. Thank You for Your Word. I am encouraged and strengthened by what I have read today in Ephesians. I am so glad that from Your glorious, unlimited resources You will empower me with inner strength through Your Spirit. Lord, help me to understand how wide, how long, how high, and how deep Your love is. And help me to experience the love of Christ as I go through this day!

Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 1,2,3,4

> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: