Wednesday, December 09, 2020

For The Love Of Money Is The Root Of All Kinds Of Evil

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

For The Love Of Money

Is The Root

Of All Kinds Of Evil

Scripture

1 Timothy 6

6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 

7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 

8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

9 But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 

10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

Observation

Sometimes we think that if we only had more money then that would take care of all of our problems and then we would be content. You and I know that thought is not true because we see in the news all the time wealthy people getting into trouble and the wealthy never seem satisfied or content.

Do you play the Lottery every week? Why do you do that? Is it because you are not content with what you have? Do you long to be rich?

Here is a verse for that … “But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction.”

Each week, the typical American on average buys takeout or restaurant food 2.4 times, buys 2.5 prepared beverages (like smoothies and brewed coffee) and spends $17 on lottery tickets, according to a Bankrate survey. In total, Americans spend $2,944 a year on these financial vices, on average. (Taken from Bankrate website)

Application

I need to be a good steward of what God has given me. I need to be content with what I have. I need to generously share with others in need.

How about you? What do you need to do or stop doing?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You have a million, no You have a zillion ways of taking care of my needs. And I know that You will do that if I just keep You first in my life. Help me to be content with what I have.

Thank You for all of the people who have blessed us and have been so generous and so good to us. Help us to do the same. Help me be a good manager of what You have put in our hands.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Timothy 5,6; Titus 1,2,3

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: