Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Give All Your Worries And Cares To God, For He Cares About You.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Give

All Your Worries And Cares To God,

For He Cares About You.

Scripture

1 Peter 5

7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.

Observation

To be perfectly honest with you, during the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep 1 Peter 5:7 was not the verse that came to my mind. Even though that verse is one of my memory verses and the Holy Spirit could have brought it to my mind and my heart, He didn't. The verses that did come to me in the middle of the night and I prayed them back to the Lord were these two verses found in Philippians 4:6-7 (I share them often so hopefully you have these two verses memorized too!)

Philippians 4:6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

As you probably already know, because I posted it last night, my wife, Kathy, tested positive for Covid 19. I posted it quickly after we got the bad news for two reasons:

  1. We wanted everyone to pray for us.

  2. I wanted you to know it just in case you were in close proximity to us over this past week and you start to have a temperature or develop a cough or have any other Covid related symptoms you would hopefully get tested quickly.

Psalm 55:22

22 Cast your cares on the Lord
    and he will sustain you;
he will never let
    the righteous be shaken.

Isaiah 26:3

You will keep in perfect peace
    all who trust in you,
    all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

Application

I know that the Lord is going to walk with us through this storm.

How about you? Do you have that kind of confidence?

Isaiah 43:1-3 Personalized

1b … O 'Eddy and Kathy', the one who formed you says,
Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.

2 When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.

3 For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know better than anyone else that these have been several rough days for us and I know that more difficult days may lie ahead. No matter what we go through, no matter how rough it gets, we know that You will be right beside us. We are going to lean on You. We are going to trust You and depend on You because we know that You are our Good Good Father. Nothing touches my life and nothing touches Kathy's life without Your permission. So we know that You have allowed this for some reason. And we know that our job is to trust You through this storm.

I pray for Your protection on all of our friends. Keep them safe, Lord. Keep them healthy. We pray for our friends who are also dealing with this virus. Give them strength today, Lord. Help them to improve.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Peter 1,2,3,4,5

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: