Friday, December 18, 2020

And Anyone Who Believes In God's Son Has Eternal Life

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

And Anyone

Who Believes In God's Son

Has Eternal Life

Scripture

John 3

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. KJV

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. NIV

36 And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.”

Observation

Jesus' command to you and His command to me is simple, “Come follow me”. Do you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a criminal's death on a cross, was buried and on the third day came back to life again and will one day soon come back to this earth to reign forever? Do you believe?

If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ it was God Himself who opened up your heart to spiritual things and gave you the ability or the capacity to believe. It is only God who saves. Eternal life is a gift. We can't earn it. We can't be good enough to obtain it. Only God saves!

I am so glad that at 19 years of age God opened up my heart and I placed my faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for my salvation.

Has there been a time in your life when you asked Jesus Christ to come into your life and forgive you of your sins?

Application

I will always be ready to share with someone else how Jesus changed my life.

How about you? Has Jesus changed your life?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for bringing someone into my life who shared with me the Good News about Jesus. I am so glad that You have allowed me to become one of Your children. I am blessed. You have given me eternal life and I know that I will live forever with You. It was nothing that I did to deserve it. I realize that I am a sinner who deserves to go to Hell, but because of Your mercy and Your grace You have given me salvation even though I don't deserve it.

I pray for any person who may read this blog today who has still not trusted You for his or her salvation. I pray that You open up their heart and I pray for their salvation.

Daily Bible Reading: John 2,3,4

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: