Saturday, December 05, 2020

You Made Me; You Created Me. Now Give Me The Sense To Follow Your Commands.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

You Made Me;

You Created Me.

Now Give Me The Sense To Follow Your Commands.

Scripture

Psalm 119

73 You made me; you created me.
    Now give me the sense to follow your commands.

Observation

You made me; You created me. You have given me the Bible, Your Living Word. Now give me the sense to follow Your commands. Give me the sense to put into practice what I read every day.

I don't know about you, but Psalm 119:73 is a good prayer for me. God, just give me the sense to do what You tell me as I read Your Word every morning. Don't let me be a fool and be disobedient.

Psalm 119:73 goes right along with what I also read in Ephesians 5:15-17 which says, “So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.”

The decision to live like a fool and ignore God's Word is always an option for us. It is a dumb decision to make but it is still always an option on the table. Stupid is as stupid does.

I hope that you are wise enough to realize that God made you; God created you. And hopefully you have enough sense to know that God wants You to follow His commands.

Application

I will be careful how I live. I will not live like a fool, but I will be like someone who is wise. I will make most of every opportunity. I will not act thoughtlessly, I will seek to understand what the Lord wants me to do. (Ephesians 5:15-17 personalized)

How about you? How have you decided to live?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love Your Word. Thank You for helping me realize how important spending time each day in Your Word is for me. Help me to walk in obedience. Don't let me do stupid sins that will mess up my relationship with You and will mess up my relationship with those around me.

I pray for any person who takes the time to read this blog. Bless them, Lord. Help them to walk in obedience. Don't let them live like a fool.

Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 5,6; Psalms 119:1-80

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: