Saturday, October 24, 2009

What Work Has God Assigned to You?

Job 15; Acts 19; Acts 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 20

24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

Observation

I agree with Paul that my life is worth nothing unless I finish it doing what He has assigned for me to do – the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God. I don’t care ever to retire and do nothing. I want to die doing what God has called me to do.

Application

I will keep my focus on the task that God has called me to do.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, the life of the Apostle Paul is a huge encouragement to me. He never stopped doing what You called him to do even though You let him know that he would suffer persecution and trouble as he headed for Jerusalem. Give me the ability to stay true to You no matter what happens in my life. Don’t let me let You down. I want to finish my life well.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: