Wednesday, October 21, 2009

If Only There was a Mediator Between God and Us … There is and His Name is “Jesus”

Job 9; Job 10; Acts 13; Acts 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Job 9

32 “God is not a mortal like me,
so I cannot argue with him or take him to trial.
33 If only there were a mediator between us,
someone who could bring us together.
34 The mediator could make God stop beating me,
and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment.
35 Then I could speak to him without fear,
but I cannot do that in my own strength.

Observation

Job was crying out and asking for a mediator not knowing that God had a Mediator on His way to planet earth! Job is the oldest book in the Bible. Job didn’t have a Bible to guide him like we have today. Today we can read all about this Mediator that Job cried out for. Today we can put our faith and our trust in God’s One and Only Mediator Jesus Christ.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5

4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time. 1 Timothy 2:4-6

You and I have Someone that is on our side Someone that bridges the gap between us and God, the man Christ Jesus. He gave Himself as a ransom for all men!

Application

I will share this Good News with everyone I can.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for providing a Mediator between You and us. Thank You for giving Jesus as a ransom for me. It is very Good News. Thank You for letting me live when a complete Bible was available and thank You for letting me be born in a country where there is freedom to read Your Word. I am blessed and I know it and I know that I don’t deserve it. Help me to be a bridge to help someone else learn about Your Good News for them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: