Monday, October 12, 2009

Joy! Do You Have It?

Nehemiah 7; Nehemiah 8; Acts 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

“… For the joy of the LORD is your strength!”

Observation

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

Shout with joy to God, all the earth! Psalm 66:1

Sing for joy to God our strength; shout aloud to the God of Jacob! Psalm 81:1

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty. Jeremiah 15:16

Application

Happiness comes and goes, but joy for the Christian is something that can sustain us through life’s most difficult situations. The “joy” of the Lord is my strength! Is that true for you?

I will meditate on Psalm 90:14 today. He is my strength!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will shout with joy to You this morning because You are my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in You, and I am helped. My heart leaps for you and I will give thanks to You in song. Satisfy me in the morning with Your unfailing love, that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: