Monday, October 26, 2009

Forgiveness

Job 17; Acts 24; Acts 25; Acts 26
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 26

12 “One day I was on such a mission to Damascus, armed with the authority and commission of the leading priests. 13 About noon, Your Majesty, as I was on the road, a light from heaven brighter than the sun shone down on me and my companions. 14 We all fell down, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is useless for you to fight against my will.’

15 “‘Who are you, lord?’ I asked.

“And the Lord replied, ‘I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting. 16 Now get to your feet! For I have appeared to you to appoint you as my servant and witness. You are to tell the world what you have seen and what I will show you in the future. 17 And I will rescue you from both your own people and the Gentiles. Yes, I am sending you to the Gentiles 18 to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.’

Observation

Only Christianity provides forgiveness for our sins other religions have no remedy for sin. Have your sins been forgiven? Only if you have turned from darkness to light, from sin and self to God, only if you have asked for Christ to save you have you received forgiveness.

Saul met Jesus on the road to Damascus and his sins were forgiven. Have you met Jesus on the road of life yet? If you have not turned your life over to Christ then you are a dead man or woman walking down the road of life to an eternity of Hell.

Are you a dead man walking? Or have you repented of your sins and found life in Christ?

It is sad that King Agrippa and Festus heard Paul’s testimony but decided to reject God’s plan for salvation. As far as we know both of these men heard the Good News of God’s salvation but rejected Christ. Maybe they became believers later we will never know. Many came to Christ because Paul was a prisoner. Many soldiers and many prisoners I am sure came to Christ because of Paul’s witness during the time he was under arrest. Could you imagine being a guard 27/7 around Paul and not coming to faith in Christ?

Application

I will help people understand that they can find forgiveness in Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, guide me to people that are open to hear about Your forgiveness. Open people’s hearts today to the Gospel message as I share with them at Mission Tampa.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: