Tuesday, October 27, 2009

“So their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear” Why don’t people understand and accept the Gospel message?

Job 18; Psalm 114; Acts 27; Acts 28
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 28

25 And after they had argued back and forth among themselves, they left with this final word from Paul: “The Holy Spirit was right when he said to your ancestors through Isaiah the prophet,

26 ‘Go and say to this people:
When you hear what I say,
you will not understand.
When you see what I do,
you will not comprehend.

27 For the hearts of these people are hardened,
and their ears cannot hear,

and they have closed their eyes—
so their eyes cannot see,

and their ears cannot hear,
and their hearts cannot understand,

and they cannot turn to me
and let me heal them.’

Observation

Have you ever wondered how people can come to church and hear the Word of God preached week after week and still not believe? It puzzles me.

At Mission Tampa I see many of the same people each month. I ask them the same two questions each time I see them: 1. If you were to die today where would you spend eternity? And they usually respond to that question with the answer -“Heaven”. Then my follow up question is this, “If you were standing at Heaven’s gate and God said to you, why should I let you into my Heaven what would you say to Him? Month after month the people respond the same way with a works answer even though I had shared the Gospel with them the month before. You would have thought that they would have given me the answer that they thought that I wanted them to say, but no it is like they never ever heard the Gospel before.

I believe the key to their being able to hear the Gospel is prayer. I had a lady yesterday at Mission Tampa tell me when I asked her what she wanted me to pray with her about say to me that she wanted to be able to understand what I was sharing with her. Wow…that was so huge! God open her spiritual eyes and her spiritual ears and let her understand the Gospel message!

Application

As I share the Gospel with people I will pray that their spiritual eyes and ears be opened so they can be saved.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, at Mission Tampa we offer the people the Bread of Life. I pray that as we share with them that you open up their hearts and give them spiritual understanding so they can be saved.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: