Friday, October 30, 2009

Give Me a Soft Tender Heart!

Job 21; Mark 5; Mark 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 6

45 Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. 46 After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray.

47 Late that night, the disciples were in their boat in the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone on land. 48 He saw that they were in serious trouble, rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves. About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. He intended to go past them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the water, they cried out in terror, thinking he was a ghost. 50 They were all terrified when they saw him.

But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage! I am here!” 51 Then he climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. They were totally amazed, 52 for they still didn’t understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in.

Observation

Do you understand Who Jesus is? The disciples were amazed when Jesus walked on water, stepped into their boat and calmed the wind and the waves. They couldn’t grasp it because their hearts were too hard to take it in.
You and I need hearts that are soft and teachable, but I am afraid that our hearts are too hard just like the disciples, to hard to understand all that Jesus can do and wants to do with us, in us, and through us. Pray for a teachable heart.

Application

I will pray for a soft, tender, teachable heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that You give me a heart that is teachable, a heart that is sensitive so I can grasp everything that You are doing around me. Give me that kind of heart. I pray for our family today that as they wake up that they would think about You. Thank You for those that ministered to our family last night. I pray that You bless them for their kindness.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: