Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weighed Down Today and Need a Lift?

Nehemiah 5; Nehemiah 6; Psalm 146; Luke 24
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 146

8 “…The LORD lifts up those who are weighed down.”

Observation

Maybe you have found yourself weighed down and can’t seem to get picked back up if that describes you then I have just the answer. Read Psalm 146 today.

The Lord is the lifter of my head … how about yours? He will lift me up today. If you need a lift today then may I suggest that you go to the one that specializes in removing that weighed down feeling!

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 3:3
But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Application

The past couple of weeks have been tough and because of trying to help other people with their struggles and problems Kathy and I have been weighed down. It is overwhelming because we can’t fix other people’s problems only God can do it. And we are not God. But we are called by God to be there for them trying to steer them to where they can get help to the One that can lift them up and that can work miracles. So I come today to the One (and only One) that can lift me up.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for being the lifter up of my head. Thank You for lifting my head when I am weighed down. You are my Hope. You are my Savior. My trust is in You. I pray for miracles in the lives of those that are struggling. May they turn their hearts towards You. May they trust in You so you can lift them up. I pray that You be glorified today in our worship. I pray that You would be able to work powerfully in the lives of our people today. Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: