Saturday, October 17, 2009

Heaven is a Very Real Place!

Job 1; Job 2; Acts 6; Acts 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Job 1

6 One day the members of the heavenly court came to present themselves before the LORD, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them. 7 “Where have you come from?” the LORD asked Satan.

Satan answered the LORD, “I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that’s going on.”

8 Then the LORD asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job?
20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship.

21 He said,

“I came naked from my mother’s womb,
and I will be naked when I leave.
The LORD gave me what I had,
and the LORD has taken it away.
Praise the name of the LORD!”

Acts 7

48 However, the Most High doesn’t live in temples made by human hands. As the prophet says,

49 ‘Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.

Could you build me a temple as good as that?’
asks the LORD.

‘Could you build me such a resting place?

50 Didn’t my hands make both heaven and earth?’

55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand.

56 And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!”


Observation

Have you ever asked God to let you see Heaven? I have but so far He has not said yes to that request. And it is probably better for me that I haven’t had the chance to look into Heaven. Every person in scripture that has had that opportunity went through terrible trials first, Job, John, Stephen, and Paul are just a few examples. So maybe it is best if that request gets put on the back burner for a while.

Heaven is a very real place. Jesus said to his disciples that He was going to prepare a place for them (and us) and He would return again to take us to that place! It took God only 6 days to create all of creation but He has been working on our eternal home a lot longer than that … that’s how I know that it is going to be out of this world … way better than we could ever imagine or think!

Application

Acts 7:38 “Moses was with our ancestors, the assembly of God’s people in the wilderness, when the angel spoke to him at Mount Sinai. And there Moses received life-giving words to pass on to us.”

I have been given life-giving words (just like Moses received from the angel) to pass on to others and that is what I plan to do!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for a glimpse of Heaven this morning. Thank You for seeing through Your word this morning how much You love us. I look forward to seeing Heaven. Guide me to someone that needs to hear about You and about Your plan. Help me glorify You with my life today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: