Friday, October 02, 2009

He was lost, but now he is found!

Zechariah 13; Zechariah 14; Psalm 147; Luke 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 15

3 So Jesus told them this story: 4 “If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it?

5 And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders.

6 When he arrives, he will call together his friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’

7 In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!

Observation

If you focus on reaching the lost as the main task of your church there are those that will immediately say either out loud or to themselves, “But what about us … what are you doing for us”?

What are you doing for me? Hmm … once you come to Christ and have been a Christ follower for a number of years you should be more concerned about doing stuff for others than having people do stuff for you. Is that true?

Most of the activities we involve ourselves in are for those that are already “saved”. What did you do last week to help someone come to Christ? Are you involved in a ministry where you have the opportunity to share Christ on a regular basis?

The party in Heaven is over people coming to personal faith in Christ and there is no party in Heaven over watching a bunch of believers huddle up and do nothing. We are too much like the older brother.

Application

I will continue to focus on those that don’t know Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to be content with a holy huddle. Help me share my faith. Bring people into my life that need to hear about Jesus and then give me the love and boldness so that I can share with them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: