Monday, November 30, 2020

We Are Made Right With God By Placing Our Faith In Jesus Christ.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

We

Are Made Right With God

By Placing Our Faith In Jesus Christ.

Scripture

Romans 3

22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

24 Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.

25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood.

Observation

Most people believe, and this might even include you, that if a person is good enough then God is going to let them into Heaven. I hear people say that all the time. The only problem with that kind of thinking is this … it is wrong!

I recently heard the spouse, at the bedside of someone who had just died say this, “He was so good that if God is going to let anybody into Heaven then God is for sure going to let him in! I thought to myself when I heard this grieving woman's statement, I thought, “How sad … no one no matter how good a person he or she is, or how good their loved ones think they are, will ever be good enough to get into Heaven.”

You and I are sinners. We deserve to go to Hell. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to this earth to sacrifice His life for ours. You and I must place our faith in Jesus Christ, faith in what He did for us on the cross.

We are made right with God when we trust in Jesus and place our faith in Him.

The week before this man's death I had the opportunity to share the Good News about Jesus with both he and his spouse. I don't know if the man placed his faith and trust in Christ before he died and I don't know if the spouse will either. She did tell me at his bedside that night that she was going to get back into church and it was obvious that God was at work in her life!

Application

I will always try to help people see that they can never be good enough to get into Heaven.

How about you? Do you think that you are good enough?

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.

9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

Titus 3:5

he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me share the Good News about Jesus in a way that people can understand. I know that You are the only One who can save them. Give me the right words to say and help me to have the right heart attitude as I talk to people about their relationship with You. I am a sinner saved by Your grace. I deserve to go to Hell but because You are rich in mercy You have provided a way for this sinner to be made right with You. I am one of Your children. I have been born again. I have been bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ. I am precious in Your sight.

I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Help them to understand that they can never be good enough to get into Heaven by being good. Open their spiritual eyes so that they can understand that is only by faith in what Jesus has done for them that allows them to become a child of God.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Daily Bible Reading: Romans 1,2,3,4

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: