Sunday, November 22, 2020

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Come To Me,

All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens,

And I Will Give You Rest.

Scripture

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Observation

Weary ... I think that would pretty much sum up how all of us feel about this Covid 19 virus. It is 24/7 and really does impact everything we do.

I will be so glad when we get some relief and we are able to enjoy getting together with family and friends without worrying about either getting the virus, or possibly already having the virus and giving the virus to someone else, someone with a compromised immune system.

It is something that is constantly on my mind.

I talk to Covid patients at the hospital almost every time I am there and I can tell you that after talking to them I sure don't want to get it, or pass it on for someone else to suffer from it.

Whatever it is that has us weighed down, whether it is Covid 19, a sick family member, a financial crisis, or a fractured relationship, Jesus says for us to come to Him and let Him help us. Jesus says to yoke up with Him and He will give us rest. He will carry the load.

Application

I am going to depend on Jesus to get me through this Covid crisis and anything else that life throws at me.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is foolish to live my life and not allow Jesus to carry my heavy burdens. I was created to be dependent on You. I was never created to live my life independent of You and Your help. When I do, that is when I experience being overwhelmed, tired and burdened down.

I pray for any person who may read this blog today who is carrying a heavy burden. I pray that they will come to Jesus so they can find rest.

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 11,12,13

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: