Tuesday, November 03, 2020

And You Will Hear Of Wars And Threats Of Wars, But Don't Panic.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

And You

Will Hear Of Wars And Threats Of Wars,

But Don't Panic.

Scripture

Mark 13

5 Jesus replied, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, 

6 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many. 

7 And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. 

8 Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in many parts of the world, as well as famines. But this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.

Observation

There is an election today. There is so much uncertainty about our nation's future. Last night Kathy and I were in a restaurant and a young waiter was talking about today's election and he said to a couple at the table next to us, “I am afraid of what is going to happen?”

If I didn't have Jesus as my Lord and Savior I think that I would be also be afraid. But Jesus lets us know in Mark 13 that things are going to get really really bad before He comes … really, really bad. His Word to His followers … His Word to me and His Word to you is … don't panic!

So what should we do? We should definitely vote. Shame on you if you didn't vote!

And what should we do after we have voted? We should continue to pray and we should continue to be the light in this dark world and we should not panic!

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

Hebrews 13:11

So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”

Application

God is my Heavenly Father. I am one of His children. Nothing can touch my life without His permission. I will not panic. I will not be afraid. I will continue to pray and trust in my Sovereign Lord.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, in all of this uncertainty I am putting my trust and my faith in You. I pray for our nation. I pray for peace. I pray for those leaders in our country who are Christians. Give them boldness to lead and the courage to serve with integrity. Don't let them miss an opportunity to lead our country in the right direction.

I pray for any person reading this blog today. Help them realize that You are in control. Help them to understand that You are the One who puts someone in power and You are the One who takes them out.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 25; Mark 13,14

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: