Monday, November 02, 2020

I Have Treasured The Words Of His Mouth More Than My Necessary Food.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

I Have

Treasured The Words Of His Mouth

More Than My Necessary Food.

Scripture

Job 23

12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.

Observation

I don't know if you have this problem, but food and eating too much of it is a constant battle for me. Kathy and I are trying to change what we eat and move more to a plant based diet. We are not going to totally give up meat, but we are going to try to limit eating meat to only a couple of times a week. But we are not doing that on this trip while we are spending time with our friends.

Food is important. Yes, it is necessary, but so is eating and devouring the Word of God. Reading, studying, spending time in God's Word is not something that is optional for us. If you and I want to be all that God wants us to be then we have to spend time in His Word every day.

When was the last time you opened up your Bible and spent time in God's Word? If your answer wasn't “today” then you are starving your soul!

My younger sister, Bea Solgard, shared with me that she has finished reading the entire Bible and is now starting over again. And she is encouraging other friends to do the same thing. Needless to say, I am very proud of my little sister!

Application

I will enjoy and devour God's Word every single day this year!

How about you? Ready to get serious?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when it is convenient and even when it is not don't let me go a day without reading and spending time in Your Word. Nothing is more important than spending time with You. Thank You for all of your promises for me that I find in Your Word.

I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to consistently be in Your Word every day. Help them to be successful in developing this important habit.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 23,24; Mark 11,12

> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: