Monday, November 16, 2020

That Is Why We Never Give Up. Though Our Bodies Are Dying, Our Spirits Are Being Renewed Every Day.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

That Is Why We Never Give Up.

Though Our Bodies Are Dying,

Our Spirits Are Being Renewed Every Day.

Scripture

2 Corinthians 4

16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.

17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

2 Corinthians 5

1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 

2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 

3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies.

4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 

5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.

Observation

A few days ago I shared in my blog about a man who I visited in the hospital had just found out that the cancer that he had in his throat had now also had entered his lungs and the doctors said that there was not much that they could do for him. Well at around 4:30 this morning I was called back to the hospital to pray with the family because this man had passed away.

I will never understand the why of human suffering. As I sat with this man's wife and talked with her I didn't have any really great answers to give her. I shared and reminded her that God is good and He is just. And I shared with her that we just have to trust Him when we don't understand the whys of life.

I left the hospital after talking and praying with her with yet another reminder to myself of just how short and just how precious life is!

Application

I know that this “earthly tent” that I am living in is not going to last forever. I need to make the most of each and every moment.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. I pray for the wife of this young man. Help her to draw close to You. Help her find a church family and a support group to help her as she grieves.

I pray for those who are sick. Give them strength. I pray for healing. I pray that they will place all of their faith and trust in You as they go through this difficult time. Give me the boldness to share my faith and give me the compassion to hurt with those who are hurting. You are a good, good, Father.

2 Corinthians 5:19-20

19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 

20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 3,4,5,6

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: