Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I Have Worked Harder, Been Put In Prison More Often, Been Whipped Times Without Number, And Faced Death Again And Again.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

I Have Worked Harder, Been Put In Prison More Often,

Been Whipped Times Without Number,

And Faced Death Again And Again.

Scripture

2 Corinthians 11

23 Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again.

24 Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes.

25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea.

26 I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not.

27 I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.

28 Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches.

Observation

2 Corinthians 11:23-28 is the Apostle Paul's resume. There are times when it might get rough for us … but just imagine being in Paul's shoes and experiencing everything that he experienced.

Perspective is everything!

When I compare what I am going through with what others are dealing with I realize that my problems are small potatoes compared to what others are dealing with and going through.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

So we’re not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There’s far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can’t see now will last forever.”

And the Apostle Paul experienced all that he went through just to proclaim the Good News about Jesus!

Galatians 6:17

From now on, don’t let anyone trouble me with these things. For I bear on my body the scars that show I belong to Jesus.

Application

No one ever said that life was easy. I am going to work hard today to bring God glory!

How about you? Whine and complain? Or work hard?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You have not called me to be a wimp. Whining and complaining doesn't help get anything accomplished. Today I just need to work hard. I pray for strength. I pray for Your help. Help me to do what needs to get done. Don't let me complain!

I pray for the person reading this blog today that has the “Oh me's!” Give them Your perspective, Lord. Give them hope. Help them to stop whining and start moving. Make them smile today.

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 124; 2 Corinthians 11,12,13

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: