Friday, November 06, 2020

I Took My Troubles To The LORD; I Cried Out To Him, And He Answered My Prayer.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

I Took My Troubles

To The LORD;

I Cried Out To Him, And He Answered My Prayer.

Scripture

Psalm 120

1 I took my troubles to the Lord;
    I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.

Observation

Every day that I walk into the hospital and visit patients I am reminded just how fragile and just how short life is for all of us.

Last night as I was going to visit a patient a nurse stopped me and asked me, “Are you going to visit the patient in room ####?” and I said, “yes!” She said, “I am so glad that you are. He is so young and the doctor just told him that his cancer has spread and that there wasn't very much that can be done to help him.”

As I sat and talked with this young man I shared with him promises from God's Word that God brought to my memory. I told him to draw close to the Lord. I told him that the Lord would walk through this dark time with him. I told him to read God's Word and hold tightly to all of God's promises.

I go back to the hospital this afternoon and you can bet that one of the first people that I am going to check on is this young man and hopefully we will have the opportunity to talk some more and I am going to share with him Psalm 120:1 and some other Scriptures too.

Application

I am reminded today that the Word of God is living and and it is powerful and it changes lives.

2 Timothy 4:2

Preach the Good News. Be ready at all times. Tell people what they need to do, tell them when they are wrong, and encourage them. Do these things with great patience and careful teaching.

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for this young man. I pray for healing. I pray for his spiritual condition. I pray that You do a mighty work in his life. Help him to trust You as he walks through this very difficult time in his life. Give him peace, the supernatural peace, that only comes by trusting in You.

I pray for others who are struggling with their health. Give them strength. I pray for healing. Show them that they can trust in You as they deal with their illness.

I pray for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Help them to draw close to You. Encourage them today.

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 56:3

3 But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 30; Psalms 120; Galatians 3,4

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: