Thursday, November 26, 2020

Enter His Gates With Thanksgiving; Go Into His Courts With Praise. Give Thanks To Him And Praise His Name.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Enter His Gates With Thanksgiving;

Go Into His Courts With Praise.

Give Thanks To Him And Praise His Name.

Scripture

Psalm 100

A psalm of thanksgiving.

1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!

2     Worship the Lord with gladness.
    Come before him, singing with joy.

3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
    He made us, and we are his.
    We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
    go into his courts with praise.
    Give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the Lord is good.
    His unfailing love continues forever,
    and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

Observation

We are almost able to look back on 2020 and have it behind us! 2021 has got to be a better year than the one that we are about to finish. In spite of 2020 being so difficult and so tragic for so many who have lost loved ones, or jobs, or businesses, there is still so much that we have to be thankful for!

I hope that you take time today to thank the Lord for His goodness. Thank Him for your health (even if you are struggling), thank Him for your family, thank Him for your church (if you are fortunate enough to be a part of one), and thank Him for giving you another day to enjoy all of His creation.

I am looking forward to seeing my children and my grandchildren! Before we eat today I will read Psalm 100 and I will ask each person to say one thing that they are thankful for.

If we don't stop and take time to give thanks then all we are doing is eating a big meal together … and that is not Thanksgiving to me!

Application

I will enjoy this day and I will give thanks!

How about you?

.

Psalm 138:1a

I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;

A grateful heart is a happy heart … Veggie Tales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhcI-HXicwY

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that a grateful heart is a happy heart. Help me to be grateful for every single one of Your many blessings. Thank You for giving me such a wonderful family. We are far from perfect, but each one of my children, my grandchildren, and my extended family are wonderful. They are made each one of them in Your image and they are to be highly valued. Help each one of them today recognize You as God. May each one of them give You thanks!

I pray for those who are in the hospital today. Give them strength. Help them to call on You today. I pray for healing. Encourage them today, Lord.

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 23,24,25; I added Psalm 100

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: