Friday, November 13, 2020

Love Does Not Dishonor Others, It Is Not Self-seeking, It Is Not Easily Angered, It Keeps No Record Of Wrongs.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Love Does Not Dishonor Others,

It Is Not Self-seeking, It Is Not Easily Angered,

It Keeps No Record Of Wrongs.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. ...

Observation

Someone once said that love is spelled or should be spelled … T-I-M-E! If we say that we love God but we never have or we never make time to read His Word and if we only pray when we are in trouble do we really love Him?

How about loving people? How about loving our kids … our grandkids? How about loving our spouse? Love is still spelled T.I.M.E.

Balance in life is a constant struggle – you and I constantly need to re-evaluate our priorities! Things get out of whack so quickly … relationships tend to drift apart unless we are constantly working on them.

We can easily let work, sports, hobbies, and lots of other things take the top priority in our life, causing us to neglect our relationship with God, our spouse, our children and our grandchildren.

Application

I will evaluate how I am using my time.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that true love means action. It is not just a word to be flippantly used but it must be backed up with action on my part. I must show that I mean it. Help me, Lord, to love like You love. Give me the ability to love with Your self-less, Agape love. Help me to constantly remember that other people and their needs are more important than my own. You are my example of how I am to love people.

I pray for any person reading this blog today. Help them to love like You love. Help them to have balance in his or her life. Help them to carve out time to spend with You and time for the other people that you have brought into their lives.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 39,40; 1 Corinthians 13,14

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: