Monday, November 09, 2020

For The Kingdom Of God Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk; It Is Living By God's Power.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

For The Kingdom Of God

Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk;

It Is Living By God's Power.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 4

20 For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.

Observation

Words are important, they are very important, but how I live my life sure needs to back up what I say! You may have heard the saying, “It's not just talking the talk, but I must also walk the walk.”

Is there any evidence that we are followers of Jesus Christ?

The church in Corinth was a mess.

The Apostle Paul had shared the Gospel of Christ with them and that is how they became believers. But now Paul is having to write them because they were doing things that didn't match the lifestyle of followers of Christ. Their walk was not matching their talk and the Apostle Paul was letting them have it.

You and I always need to evaluate the way we are living to see if we have allowed sin to creep in. Rather than trying to make excuses for our sin let's just confess our sin, repent, stop what we are doing, and turn back to God, and have a walk that matches our talk!

Application

I will examine my life to make sure that my walk matches my talk.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, convict me every time I sin. Don't let me say one thing and practice something else. I want to be able to say to people like the Apostle Paul said to the church at Corinth, “Imitate me”. Don't let me be a stumbling block to anyone because of the way I live or the way I act. I want people to be able to see Jesus in me.

I pray for any person reading this blog today. If there is any contradiction in what they say they believe and how they are living then give them the strength and the courage to stop what they are doing and get it right with You. Help them to walk in the power of Your Holy Spirit. Help them to bring You glory by the way they live.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 34; 1 Corinthians 4,5,6

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: