Friday, November 20, 2020

Can All Your Worries Add A Single Moment To Your Life?

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Can All Your Worries

Add

A Single Moment To Your Life?

Scripture

Matthew 6

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?

26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?

27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing,

29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.

30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’

32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.

33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Observation

Take time this morning to sit down with Jesus just like His disciples did when He preached this sermon, “The Sermon On The Mount”. These 3 chapters are packed full with so much good stuff for us if we will just take the time to read and think about what is being shared.

Night before last I was awake at about 3:30 AM and I couldn't go back to sleep. I was thinking about something. My friend, when you are thinking about something at 3:30 in the morning and can't go back to sleep, you are not thinking, you are worrying about something. At least in my case it was worry that caused me not to sleep.

When I finally realized that I was worrying and not just thinking … then I prayed and gave the problem to the Lord.

Last night at the hospital I sat and talked to people who were dealing with anxiety … a woman who was just told by a surgeon that she had colon cancer and it had spread to her abdomen and surgery was not an option … a man who already had five stents in his heart, several just a couple months ago, and now there was more blockage and he was waiting to be transferred to Tampa General Hospital for open heart surgery.

What did I share with them?

Here is what I shared … Don't worry about anything. Instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need. Thank Him for everything that He has done in your life. And the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7

7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Application

I am going to memorize Philippians 4:7 in the New Living Translation. I usually paraphrase it when I share it, but I think it will be more powerful if I share it exactly how it is written.

How about you? Anxious … Worried?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me Your Word to read every day. You speak to me through Your Word every time I read it. Your Word is living and it is powerful. It is my spiritual food. Help me not to worry about anything. Remind me to pray about everything. I want to experience Your peace every single day.

I pray for the person who is reading this blog. Help them to put into practice Matthew 6:25-34. Help them to read Your Word every day. May Your face shine on them, Lord. Encourage them today.

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 5,6,7

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: