Saturday, November 14, 2020

Be Strong And Immovable. Always Work Enthusiastically For The Lord, For You Know That Nothing You Do For The Lord Is Ever Useless.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Be Strong And Immovable.

Always Work Enthusiastically For The Lord,

For You Know That Nothing You Do For The Lord Is Ever Useless.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 15

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

1 Corinthians 16

13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.

14 And do everything with love.

Observation

Encouragement! Everyone needs a good dose of encouragement. You are sure not going to find it by listening to the news media! If you want Good News then open up your Bible.

If you read '1 Corinthians 15' I think that should encourage you. And if for some strange reason that doesn't encourage you then 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 hopefully will.

Let's always work enthusiastically for the Lord … are you baggin, saggin, and draggin … if you are then maybe you are doing everything for the wrong person.

Let's work enthusiastically for the Lord! Let's Stand firm in the faith. Let's be courageous. Let's be strong. And let's do everything with love.

Kathy and I have been trying to help someone who has been sick and in rehab by trying to get her house where it is fit for someone to live in it safely.

Overwhelmed does not even begin to describe how we have felt this week trying to see how to tackle this job. I am not going to go into details, but let's just say that the word “terrible” wouldn't even begin to describe the living situation.

Application

So this passage is a good reminder for me – I serve the Lord and I need to do it enthusiastically!

How about you? Saggin … Baggin … Draggin?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thanks for reminding me this morning who I work for and who I serve. I know that I serve an Audience of One and I need to serve You enthusiastically! Help me to be strong and courageous. Help me to be immovable. And help me to do everything with love.

I pray for any person who is reading this blog today who is discouraged, who is tired, who might feel like giving up. Encourage them today. Remind them to be strong and courageous!

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 149; 1 Corinthians 15,16

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: