Sunday, November 29, 2020

Always Be Joyful. Never Stop Praying. Be Thankful In All Circumstances

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Always Be Joyful.

Never Stop Praying.

Be Thankful In All Circumstances

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 5

16 Always be joyful. 

17 Never stop praying. 

18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Observation

Here are three choices that we are commanded to make … they are not optional if you and I want to live an abundant life. The first two choices begin with “Always” and “Never” which are two words that married couples should never throw at one another. Only God can use those two words and back them up!

The first command is to always be joyful. The Apostle Paul doesn't say, “Always be happy!” Joy comes from deep inside of us … it is internal … it is abiding … it comes from our relationship with our Heavenly Father. Happiness is momentary and fleeting. Happiness is pleasure and Joy is a sacrifice.

Never stop praying! Don't give up! Prayer is not just something someone does right before they go to bed. I have people tell me that and I think to myself, “How sad is that!” Prayer is not a duty. It is talking to our Heavenly Father about every detail of our lives all the time – morning … noon … and night … 24/7! It should be as natural for us as breathing in the air that keeps us alive!

The next command is tough, “Be thankful in all circumstances ...” The verse doesn't say, “Be thankful for all circumstances” rather it says “in” all circumstances. You and I are going to go through some terrible things in life. Many of us have already experienced horrific circumstances and God doesn't say to be thankful for those terrible things.

If you and I have a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father through the Lord Jesus Christ then we can be thankful no matter what is happening around us or that are even happening to us knowing that our Heavenly Father is right there with us. And He will walk through the most difficult times right beside us.

Application

I am going to always be joyful. I am never going to stop praying. I am going to be thankful in all circumstances.

How about you? Whining and Complaining or Joyful, Prayerful, and Thankful?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me put into practice I Thessalonians 5:16-18! Don't let me whine and complain. Don't let me allow my circumstances dictate and influence my attitude. Help me to remember to talk to You about every little thing going on in my life. Give me a thankful heart. I want to experience Your joy deep inside of me no matter what is happening around me.

I pray for the person reading this blog who is down and discouraged. Help them to be thankful in all circumstances. Cause them to smile today with the joy of the Lord. Bless them, Lord.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Thessalonians 4,5; 2 Thessalonians 1,2,3

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: