Saturday, November 21, 2020

He Had Compassion On Them Because They Were Confused And Helpless, Like Sheep Without A Shepherd.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

He Had Compassion On Them

Because They Were Confused And Helpless,

Like Sheep Without A Shepherd.

Scripture

Matthew 9

35 Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness.

36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

37 He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. 

38 So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”

Observation

People say that my first sermon with Matthew 9:35-38 being my text, lasted about 15 minutes, but the invitation I extended after the message lasted over 30 minutes. There were people attending that I wanted to see come to Christ and I guess that time was not as important to me as they were!

To be honest I loved the shepherding and caring for people part of being a pastor, but preparing and preaching sermons was never something that I enjoyed all that much.

People need the Lord.

When you are at the grocery store or when you are at a shopping mall do you ever stop and wonder how many in the crowd know Jesus? Do we see people around us as confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd?

Do we have compassion for the people around us? It is definitely something to think about!

Application

I want to have compassion for people like Jesus did and like Jesus still does. I want to have God's heart for those that God brings into my life.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, break my heart with what breaks Yours. I want to have compassion for people the way Jesus did when He walked on this earth. Give me Your heart for the people that You bring into my life. I pray for laborers for the harvest. I pray that You call out men and women from our church to be totally committed to reaching this world for Christ. Send them all of the world, Lord. Send them out!

I pray for Martha Moore today. Use her today as she serves You in Amsterdam and in other parts of Europe. Give her energy. Give her strength. Multiply those who she is mentoring. Smile brightly on her today!

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 8,9,10

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: