Thursday, November 12, 2020

A Spiritual Gift Is Given To Each Of Us So We Can Help Each Other.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

A Spiritual Gift

Is Given To Each Of Us

So We Can Help Each Other.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 12

7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.

11 It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.

Observation

If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ you have been given a spiritual gift. The purpose of our receiving a spiritual gift is clearly spelled out in 1 Corinthians 12:7. Christians have been given a spiritual gift so that we can help each other.

Over the years I have seen spiritual gifts misused and abused and you probably have too. It happened in the church at Corinth and it is unfortunately still happening today. Spiritual gifts were not given to us for us to enrich ourselves with fancy houses, jet airplanes, or fancy clothes.

Spiritual gifts were not given to us for us to draw attention to ourselves or to think that we were something special … like we were God's gift to mankind. No, you and I were given a spiritual gift to help other people.

My calling and your calling is to serve others.

Why would I say that? I say that because Jesus said that is why He came to this earth:

Mark 10:43-45

43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,

44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all.

45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

1 Peter 4:10

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 5:2

Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve;

Application

I will look for ways to help and ways to serve someone else today.

How about you? Do you have a servant's heart?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't ever let me think that I am in any way better than someone else. Give me a servant's heart. Show me who needs my help. Show me who needs to be encouraged. Don't let me miss an opportunity to be Your hands and Your feet today.

I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Help them to use their spiritual gift today to serve someone else. Don't let them waste it or abuse it. Give them a heart to serve!

Daily Bible Reading: Job 37,38; 1 Corinthians 12

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: