Wednesday, November 25, 2020

For Even The Son Of Man Came Not To Be Served But To Serve Others And To Give His Life As A Ransom For Many.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

For Even The Son Of Man Came Not

To Be Served But To Serve Others

And To Give His Life As A Ransom For Many.

Scripture

Matthew 20

28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Observation

Nobody ever said that serving others would be easy, but that is exactly what God has called us to do. The disciples were concerned about which one of them was going to be the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. The mother of James and John had just asked Jesus if her sons could have the highest places of honor in Jesus' Kingdom.

The disciples of Jesus were just as human as we are and you and I if we are honest we also get our priorities all messed up. Our tendency, at least mine, is to think first about 'Me, My, and Mine” and not about serving other people.

Who have you and I helped this week? How have we served the people around us? Have we had a good attitude towards those who we have served? Have we had a good attitude period?

Doing the right thing, but with a bad attitude cancels out any good that we have done.

Jesus put up with the Pharisees and the Sadducees, who constantly opposed Him, Jesus put up with disciples who were worried about which one of them was going to be considered the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven, and today He continues to put up with us as sinful as we are – all because He loves us.

Jesus came to serve and not be served and He expects the same from us.

Application

I will watch my attitude as I serve those around me.

How about you? Need an attitude adjustment?

Philippians 2:14

14 Do everything without complaining and arguing,

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me complain. Don't let me serve with the wrong attitude. Give me the energy and the strength I need to serve those around me with all of my heart. I know that the only way to serve You is by serving other people.

I pray for those who are feeling tired and weak today give them strength. Help them no matter how they feel today to reach out and do some random act of kindness for someone else. Help them to get their focus off of themselves and help them to do good for someone else even if it is the smallest little thing. Help them to do something good for someone else today.

Colossians 3

17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

1 Peter 4:10

God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 20,21,22

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: