Sunday, November 15, 2020

He Comforts Us In All Our Troubles So That We Can Comfort Others.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

He Comforts Us

In All Our Troubles

So That We Can Comfort Others.

Scripture

2 Corinthians 1

3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 

4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 

5 For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. 

6 Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. 

7 We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.

Observation

All of us are going to suffer and all of us are going to experience loss … yep … every single one of us! That's right, if you are an adult then you already realize or at least you should realize that suffering is part of life. 

And we are not going to always understand why we are suffering or why God is allowing someone else who we love very much to go through what they are going through.

I don't know if you listen to The Joy FM (I hope that you are a MMMP ... More Than Music Mission Partner) but if you do listen you might have heard Carmen talking about a phone call with her sister in law after her brother in law's condition went from bad to worse. Her sister in law said to Carmen, “Carmen, we're Christians! It is not what we planned. It wasn't what we wanted, but it is not the end.” 

She was letting Carmen know that there is more to life for believers than this life here on earth! It is a powerful testimony. I hope you get a chance to hear it if you haven't heard it already!

Jesus said to His disciples in John 16:33, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Jesus didn't say if we have trouble … He said that we would have trouble!

God never waste a hurt! God is going to use the difficult time that we are experiencing so that we will be able to comfort someone else later on.

God promises to walk with us through life's toughest times.

I love what God says to us in Isaiah 43:1-2:

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; ...”

Application

God promises to never leave me or forsake me. I am one of His kids! I am in the palm of His hand!

How about you? Are you going through a difficult time right now?

Matthew 28:20b

... And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

John 10:28

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

30 I and the Father are one.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You are a good good Father. I know that no matter what happens in my life I know that You are going to be right there with You. You have promised me that You would. I know that nothing touches my life without first going through You.

I pray for those who are going through difficult times right now. Give them strength. Show them that You are right there with them. I always pray for healing for those who are sick, but I know that sometimes for some You are calling them home where they will receive healing – they will receive a brand new perfect body that is going to last forever. Give them strength. Be right there with them.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 41,42; 2 Corinthians 1,2

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: