Friday, August 01, 2008

Less of Me and More and More Of Christ!

Isaiah 65; Isaiah 66; Psalm 62; John 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 3

29b…Therefore, I am filled with joy at his success. 30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.

Observation

If you want to see an example of true humility just look at the life of John the Baptist and his relationship with Jesus. Think about it, Jesus is becoming more and more popular and the disciples of John are beginning to leave him and follow Jesus. And John’s response was, “He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.” And in verse 29 we discover that it gave John great joy to see Jesus becoming more and more successful!

Who can you encourage in the faith so that they can become successful?

It shouldn’t bother us when someone close to us begins to get attention (but it usually does) and they begin to become successful … even when they get more attention than us and even when they become more successful than us! In fact, we should help them become more successful than us!

Application

I will encourage those in leadership around me and help them to be successful.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be more concerned about other people than myself. Teach me the humility of John the Baptist. I pray for my staff and I ask you to help them all to be successful. I pray that each one of them will be drawn close to you today. Give them Your Ideas. Give them Your Wisdom. Give them a desire to do Your Will. Protect them from people that would want to harm them. Bring people into their lives that will help them to be successful. Bless them today. Give them Your Energy and fill them with Your Holy Spirit. I thank you for each one of them.

And Lord I pray for every person that is taking the 30-Day challenge to read your Word everyday for the next 30 days. Help them today to be successful and give them a burning desire to be in Your Word. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Eddy. I took your advise and I'm reading the scripture posted on your blog as part of the 30 day challenge. That is for the days when I can access the computer.

Eddy Williams said...

Scott,

I am praying that you will be able to read everyday for the next 30 days and that you will be able to read on Saturdays and Sundays too. I appreciate you joining the 30-day challenge.