Monday, August 18, 2008

Are You a Doubting Thomas?

Jeremiah 26; Jeremiah 35; Jeremiah 36; John 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 20

24 Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came.

25 So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Observation

What do you doubt that God can do? Maybe you have never trusted in Him for salvation … so maybe you doubt that He can save you. Believe me I know that He can save you if you will just surrender your life to Him. He saved me so I know that He can save you. Maybe you doubt that He can help you with the trouble that you are going through? “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those that trust in Him.” Nahum 1:7

Application

I will trust the Lord today to take care of me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not be a doubting Thomas. Give me the faith that I need to trust You in the storms that will come my way today. Help me be a man of faith. Help me to trust in Your Word. Help our people today be people of faith. I pray for those that will be in the path of tropical storm Fay that you keep them safe. Protect our church buildings from damage from this storm. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: