Thursday, August 28, 2008

Have You Left Your First Love?

Ezekiel 1; Ezekiel 2; Ezekiel 3; Revelation 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 2

4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.

Observation

It is important to get back to the basics. Can you remember when you first accepted Christ? I can! I can remember asking my Sunday School teacher all kinds of questions. I can remember how exciting my Sunday School class was and I can remember how exciting it was to serve the Lord together with Kathy with the R. A. boys at church.

I can look back over my 30 plus years of being a Christian and I can remember times when I have allowed things to take God’s place in my heart. My memory verse for this week is 1 John 5:21 and it says, “Dear children, keep away from anything that would take God’s place in your heart.”

God wants to be #1 in your life. Nothing should take His place in your hearts. Have you allowed anything to crowd out the Lord in your life? Has your love for Him grown cold? If so, then get back to the basics:

1. Daily quiet time
2. Daily Bible reading
3. Scripture memory
4. Corporate Worship (not watching a preacher on television!)
5. Meeting each week with a small group

Application

I will visit some folks today and encourage them to do these five things.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to keep away from things that would take Your place in my heart. Help me to keep you in the number one place in my life. I love you Lord. It is my desire to love You with everything that is within me. Help me to totally please You today. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: