Thursday, August 07, 2008

“Yes, Lord, I believe!”

Zephaniah 1; Zephaniah 2; Zephaniah 3; John 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

John 9

25 “I don’t know whether he is a sinner,” the man replied. “But I know this: I was blind, and now I can see!”
26 “But what did he do?” they asked. “How did he heal you?”
27 “Look!” the man exclaimed. “I told you once. Didn’t you listen? Why do you want to hear it again? Do you want to become his disciples, too?”
28 Then they cursed him and said, “You are his disciple, but we are disciples of Moses! 29 We know God spoke to Moses, but we don’t even know where this man comes from.”
30 “Why, that’s very strange!” the man replied. “He healed my eyes, and yet you don’t know where he comes from? 31 We know that God doesn’t listen to sinners, but he is ready to hear those who worship him and do his will. 32 Ever since the world began, no one has been able to open the eyes of someone born blind. 33 If this man were not from God, he couldn’t have done it.”
34 “You were born a total sinner!” they answered. “Are you trying to teach us?” And they threw him out of the synagogue.
35 When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
36 The man answered, “Who is he, sir? I want to believe in him.”
37 “You have seen him,” Jesus said, “and he is speaking to you!”
38 “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus.

Observation

Jesus healed this man that had been blind from birth and He healed Him just because He wanted to heal him. It was not because of the man’s faith because at the time that he was healed the man did not even know who Jesus was. After Jesus healed him then Jesus challenged the man to become a man of faith.
Do you need healing today? Jesus is the Great Healer. Jesus can heal you. It may be that you have a physical illness today and you need to be healed physically, but it may also be that you are spiritually sick and you need to come to Jesus and be healed spiritually too. Jesus wants to make you whole!

It could be today that your illness is not because of your sins or the sins of your parents. The disciples asked Jesus about this man that was born blind, “why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins? It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.

Maybe you are sick today and maybe this sickness happened so the power of God could be seen in you. If you find yourself sick today let me ask you pray and surrender your life to the Lord. Ask Him to take control of your life. Put your life (including your sickness) in His Mighty Hands. Say to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe! Take some time right now and worship Jesus!

Application

I will encourage those that are sick today to trust in Jesus for their healing and for their salvation.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t understand sickness. I don’t know why you allow small children to battle sickness. I pray for little Sage today. I pray for her complete healing. I pray for her Mom Kelsey today and I pray for her complete healing. So many are sick and we are not able to understand why. We cannot see or understand because we don’t have a God’s view of things. But you tell us to pray for those that are sick and you will heal them. So today in obedience I bring those that I know that are sick to you: Kelsey, Sage, Willie, Patty, Marie, Jonathan, Bobby Bear, and all the others in our church that need your healing. You are Mighty. Nothing is too hard for you! Help these that are sick to put their trust in You. Show yourself powerful in their lives today. May they be able to give you praise today because of their faith in you. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

This is my favorite Bible story, I love the sarcasm!