Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Lord is Good!

Nahum 1; Nahum 2; Nahum 3; John 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Nahum 1

7 The LORD is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.

John 5

24 “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Observation

I couldn’t decide which of these two passages to talk about today so I decided to talk about both of them. Nahum 1:7 is a verse I plan to memorize this week. What verse are you going to memorize? The Lord is a strong refuge when trouble comes not if trouble comes. Trouble is part of life no matter whether we are Christ followers or not. Jesus said in John 16:33, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Eternal life is mine because I have believed in what Christ did for me on the cross. He died in my place. He took the penalty of my sin and paid for it on the cross so that I could go to heaven. I will not experience condemnation; I have already passed from death over to eternal life. I am going to live forever with Christ…and that is a long time!

Application

I will memorize Nahum 1:7 this week.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for being my strong refuge. Thank you for being close to me today. Thank you for giving me eternal life and the assurance that I will never go to the place called Hell because You have paid the penalty for my sins. Thank you for allowing me the privilege of serving you. I pray for our Bible teachers today. I pray that you use them in a mighty way to encourage Your people. I pray that they come to church excited today about your Word. I pray that they come full of Your Holy Spirit. Help them be faithful and protect them from discouragement and protect them from the evil one. This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it! In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: