Saturday, August 23, 2008

What a Mighty God We Serve!

Jeremiah 31; Jeremiah 32; 1 John 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Jeremiah 32

17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

Observation

It is helpful to be reminded that we serve a God that is totally Awesome and so Powerful that there is “nothing” to hard for Him.

You and I are not God and we face things that are too hard and we run into the impossible on a weekly basis: a marriage that is coming apart; a sick child; no job; or a terrible boss or work situation; an addiction that is completely destroying your life.

So it is good to run across a verse that reminds us that we serve a God who is totally in control and who is All Powerful.

“For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37 So when we pray we can pray with confidence knowing that we come to Someone that never ever faces something that is impossible or difficult.


“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3

“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.” John 15:7

“And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” John 14:13-14

Application

I will talk to my Heavenly Father and turn all the impossible things over to Him because “nothing” is too hard for Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you know that I am praying for some people that I love that are not walking close to You. I want them to live lives that are filled with purpose and meaning, lives that are close to you. I want them to experience the joy that I know because of my relationship with You, but it seems impossible that they will ever have a change of heart and turn to You.

So I am glad that you delight in doing the impossible and the difficult because You have Your work cut out for You. I am reminded that You saved me. You changed my heart and You turned my heart towards You. I ask You to do that very same thing for them.

I pray for those that are struggling in their marriages, and I pray for those that can’t seem to get along with other people, for those that are dealing with sickness, and for so many that need work to take care of their family. You are All Powerful and nothing; absolutely nothing is too hard for You. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: